To all my MTU Comrades and all of those comrades are struggling in solidarity with MTU, I greet you with an expression of struggle and warm comradeship... Korea is very advanced in terms of science and technology, but it is very backwards in terms of humanity and the rights of people. Because I have come from a poor country have been met with violence and abuse, arrested by the police and treated like an animal. Injured while working and then forced to leave the country without compensation- where is the human rights in this situation? Brokers make various excuses in order to bring women from the Philippines, Vietnam and other countries to South Korea. 25-year-old women are forced to marry men who are their fathers' ages. These days, there are many television programs about some of these women who meet their families after two or three years of being married in Korea. These programs tell the story as if South Korea is treating these women very well. However, they don't tell how difficult those two or three years are. Of course, the women on the programs are grateful to the t.v. station for giving them the chance to meet their parents and relatives again; however because they do not show the reality of the suffering and tears that these women live with, this programs have to take some responsibility for the increase in the number of marriage-immigrants. If the television programs showed the hardship and difficulties of these women it would become an international disgrace. Therefore the shows hide the reality and are only self-congratulatory. I think you all know what it is like here in Hwaseong Detention Center and what kind of place this is. However, just to tell you, about 95% of the comrades here have been imprisoned for 7-8 months because they have not been paid their wages. The other 5% are here for different reasons. To use a Nepalese saying, the human rights in this country are like a fox wearing a tiger mask: the surface is entirely different from what is inside. The South Korean government says it is good to migrant workers in terms of human rights, but in reality the only think left to us is the name 'migrant worker'. Finally, I would like to ask for the many allies in other countries, please show a lot of attention and solidarity to the migrant workers movement and the movement for workers' human rights here in South Korea. I think it is my misfortune that I became a migrant worker. However you look at it, I have experience a great deal of suffering and sadness as a migrant. Even though I have suffered a lot, I have now been struggling for close to 6 or 7 months inside this detention center so that other migrant workers will not experience the same thing. I do not see this as my individual struggle, but rather as something necessary so that others will not suffer in the future; thus I will continue to fight. I believe that if there were some 1000 others who felt just like us and were struggling along side us we would be able to win our demands. Struggle is the only choice for our victory. One more time I would like to greet you, my beloved MTU comrades with a message of struggle and tell you not to loose hope. I resolve before you to struggle until my very last movement and very last breath. We are labor! We are labor! Labor rights! Labor rights! Toojeng! Toojeng! with great love and affection from inside Hwaseong Detention Center, Suwash Budathoki December 11, 2007 ps. Sadly, I had to worship alone and isolated this Christmas. This place is horribly repressive in terms of religion.